Visit the Timeless Skin Solutions Website

You can read more great information about Timeless Skin Solutions at www.timelessskinsolutions.com

Apr 11, 2008

One month into Obagi and doing great!

I am now one month into my Obagi Nu-Derm System for oily/normal skin with 0.1% Tretinoin and my skin has never looked better!

Now, I have to admit that at first these products put my skin through the ringer! The first 2 weeks my skin peeled, itched, and was a nice shade of pink. In fact, Dr. Clinton looked at me one day and said…”Allyson, have you been playing with the Chemical peels again?!”

By week 3, I began to see some lightening of my sun damage, as well as brighter quality to my skin tone. My skin was still tight, flaky and pink, but not quite so sensitive. I did a light SilkPeel with hyaluronic acid infusion to gently exfoliate the superficial dead cells, while hydrating the deeper layers of my skin. I also began using Kinerase ProTherapy Cream as the final step in my nighttime regimen in order to add a little bit of moisture back into my skin.

I have now been using the products for one month and my skin seems to be adjusting to my new Obagi routine. I still have some days where I am a little more dry and pink, and other days were my skin seems to be just fine. I have been using my Clarisonic Skin Brush with my cleanser in both the morning and evening which has really helped to gently exfoliate away any of the dead cells that are ready to come off the surface of my skin. The best part is that I am really seeing some great changes in my skin color and texture. I have definitely noticed a more even and clear color, as well as a silkiness that has never been there before. I have to say, I’m loving it!!!

For those of you who are just getting started with Obagi, here are a few recommendations I’d like to share from my experience over the past month.

1. Avoid using #2 (Exfoderm Forte) around the eye area. This product has a combination of alpha-hydroxy acids which has quite a bite when applied around the eye area where the skin is thin and delicate.

2. Use caution when applying Tretinoin (Retin-A) on or near the corners of your mouth and near the nasolabial folds. This tends to be an area of increased sensitivity, so don’t be surprised if you notice peeling and redness in this area first. It’s normal!

3. Don’t forget to extend your products to your neck! You want the improved color, texture and tone of your skin to flow evenly from your face to your neck.

4. Don’t skimp on your sunblock! You want to make sure you are using #6 Sunfader as the last step in your morning application every day, even when it is cloudy. I even go the extra step and use my La-Rosche Posay Anthelios SPF 15 moisturizer as the last step of my morning routine. Not only does this provide better protection against UVA rays which can penetrate through windows and clouds, but it also gives my skin a little extra moisture which it can definitely use while I am adjusting to the Retin-A.

That’s it for now. I’ll report back and let you know how I’m doing as things progress. I can’t wait to see what my skin looks like a few weeks from now!